Cakewalk Crawling After Install

George Pardo

I am new in music production and I installed Cakewalk twice on a windows 10 PC, I5 processor and 12 gigs of ram. The screen

buttons, bars etc are so slow they react about 5 seconds after I move them, so the program is unusable. Has someone else

experienced this? From the tutorial the program looks great if it would actually function. Thanks for any help.

Welcome George, this does sound like a system issue. Perhaps look at downloading LatencyMon or looking at task manager to see if there is a bottleneck somewhere. 

It might also help if you can say what sound card and drivers you are using and what the configuration is (sample rate and bit depth)

• Great Idea 1

You don't need asio4all anymore. WASAPI does a great job without being invasive like asio4all is. It's not so bad if you don't use a proper interface but if like me you might need to switch between using an ASIO interface and onboard sound sometimes,  asio4all will mess things up big time. W10 and WASAPI is real stable. Warning- do not use anything but a proper interface and ASIO for recording audio overdubs. Your sync/timing will be off.  Asio4all is obsolete.