Organic Drum Loops Releases Free Organic Calfskin Kit

locrian

Overview:

The Organic Calfskin Kit (OCK) is an acoustic drum VST3 ROMpler plugin for both Mac and Windows.  This is a comprehensive and easy-to-use solution to working with the thousands of multi-track/multi-velocity samples.

This specific download features samples from the Default-Dry kit.  This kit is a moderately dry sounding setup that offers good punch for modern music styles and minimal sustain for easy mixing.

image.png.e6a137a5f22000991fd3bf66ad91ba06.png

Download & Videoshttps://www.organicdrumloops.com/ogdl-plugins/ock-vst/

Edited by locrian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

No. I'm not familiar with this VI. I justed posted it because I thought someone else might be interested in it.

I did skim the first video and remember the author talking about some of the details, so maybe the answer to your question is in there.

The Organic Drum Loops owner replied to a thread on another forum when the question about extracting MIDI notes from loops was asked.

Here's his reply:

As for using .wav files in midi - I asked my buddy Fotis (who built our plugin and helps me with stuff that’s too techie for my simple drummer brain to handle) and here’s what he said:

" My fave would be ADSR Sample Manager. I’ve loaded all OGDL loops in there and it works like a charm. It can even auto-detect the BPM and adjust your loops to the project’s tempo. It’s free, registration is not needed, and it even asks you politely if you’re interested in their sample marketplace, giving you the option to simply opt-out and it never bothers you about it again. Seriously, these guys are doing it right. Oh, and it gives you both VST and standalone versions, so you can even run it without your DAW! https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/adsr-sample-manager/ 1

TX16Wx is also a good choice. Its free version is enough for simple sample and loop playback, while the Pro version has a few more advanced features (like the ability to play 4096 audio files at once, sheesh!). They offer a cheaper “non-commercial” license, but, then again, the free version already has tons of features tailor-made for loops. http://www.tx16wx.com/ 1

Stay away from Loopcloud, which is the exact opposite of ADSR. Though it’s also free, I hate their forced subscription bullshit and the interface which is huge, takes too long to load and litters your screen with their ads. It even forces you to use the VST only when running the standalone version. Blegh. I’m not even going to link to it.

Other solutions include Momentum, which I have not tested that much. It’s free, but, again, its focus into sample purchase can be annoying.

Thank you all for your interest in my work. I appreciate you!

global harmony,
Bill

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bump.

In case anyone missed this. I signed up for his email list, and the guy is a machine!  He's constantly issuing new loops, etc. 

Admittedly, I haven't even installed the plugin yet.   I've been mixing.  I need to start creating...   😕