Track problems

Chris Seger

Question

I have this problem. 

I am working on a song and it has 12 instrumental tracks and 3 audio tracks. Now when I wanted to make 1 more instrumental track. Not only the chosen instrument but all instrumental tracks plays when I use my midi controller. 

What am I doing wrong? 

It's a new problem for me. I am a beginner in it's all trail and error for me. 

3 answers to this question

I have this problem. 

I am working on a song and it has 12 instrumental tracks and 3 audio tracks. Now when I wanted to make 1 more instrumental track. Not only the chosen instrument but all instrumental tracks plays when I use my midi controller. 

What am I doing wrong? 

It's a new problem for me. I am a beginner in it's all trail and error for me. 

Make sure only the track being recorded has input echo enabled. I turn off Always Echo Current MIDI Track in order to have better control over which tracks have input echo enabled.

Also some plug-in have the ability to generate or pass through MIDI data. It is a good idea to turn this off when it is not needed. For those synths that have this option, it is enabled by default. To review and set "Enable MIDI Output", open the plug-in UI and click the VST2/3 drop down above the UI. This image shows a plug-in with the option enabled.

M9I2IRu.png

Please avoid creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Hi Chris and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

It seems like you have all your instrument track's inputs set to MIDI Omni or they are all set to the same channel.  In order to play the just one instrument track with your controller you must change the input of all other instrument tracks to None.  Or you can assign a channel for each track; you must also set up your controller to play through corresponding channels to match each instrument track in CbB.

Kind regards,

tecknot