Corruption of File??

Jerry Gerber

I have a .cwp file that has about 14 midi tracks and a few audio tracks.   After rendering the MIDI track to audio I decided to go back and do some more editing.  But when I tried playing the file with the audio tracks muted, none of the MIDI tracks would sound.   If I used the scrub tool in the notation editor I could see and hear the music, same with playing a track on the keyboard in real time, the right instrument would be triggered.  But when I pressed space bar the file would start but no sound.  Nothing was muted, no tracks were archived.  So I opened two other files and they played back fine, which told me no issue with hardware or even Cakewalk. 

So I then created a new file and copied and pasted the tracks from the file that would not sound and lo and behold everything is working normally.  

I wonder what could have caused this, it appears to be a corrupted file but I have no idea how it got corrupted.  Any ideas?

Best,

Jerry

www.jerrygerber.com

17 minutes ago, tecknot said:

Is it possible you muted the clips?

I checked to see if any tracks were archived or muted, and if any clips were muted or linked.  I didn't see any.  Is there a hot key that mutes all the clips at the same time?  If there is, I may have accidentally pressed it, but I don't think that is even possible..