3 unrelated questions (2 about midi and one about how to run the cake best)

Nu Flood

Question

Hi,

So as the topic hints, I have 3 questions:

1. How can I change my midi drum tracks view so they will look like the different bars (like those appearing on the bottom in the piano role). All I see are vertical lines. See the attached image.

2. Is there a way to do a human touch kind of quantizing or is it "all or none" kind of thing?

3. I have a Acer Predator laptop computer. It's a pretty strong gamers' computer but it still seem to not be able to handle to cakewalk and I need to restart cakewalk or the computer a lot. Any way to help this?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.c33f654507f8af9be4604def4f23bc62.png

3 answers to this question

To see the 'Inline PRV' in tracks, set the Edit Filter that defaults to 'Clips' in the track header to 'Notes'. You can then adjust what is whon by the MIDI dropdown in the track view menu bar.

Cakewalk can do partial quantizing of real-time recordings by percentage or groove quantizing to a selected or copied reference clip. There are also options to randomize hard-quantized notes using MIDI FX, but there is no really intelligent 'humanizing' funciton built-in.

It's not clear what's happening that's requiring you to restart Cakewalk or your PC. What are the symptoms, what audio interface and driver mode  (ASIO, WDM, WASAPI) are you using?

• Like 1

Yes - please provide details on why you have to restart, as well as details on your audio interface, and your audio driver settings.

We should be pretty quickly able to help you get past your current issues, once you describe them, and provide the info we are requesting.

Bob Bone

Forgot to mention there are some quantize setting you can apply, that might make a difference for you - I will circle back later and expand on that for you.  I have to go deal with some VERY non-musical household chores (laundry, dishes, more laundry, and some laundry).....

Bob Bone