SSL interface says CAKEWALK is NOT supported! Been using it for a year!

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else use SSL interfaces with Cakewalk?   SSL site says 'cakewalk is not supported'.    Are you having issues with your interface?  If you open SSL's 360 controlling system it does not list Cakewalk in their drop down box of choices, so how would you even go about that issue?  Confused, because I've been using my SSL 12 for over a year with no issues.  (however, I have to use drivers OTHER THAN ASIO because cakewalk keeps 'recommending to me' (in edit/preferences) NOT to use ASIO drivers.  Confusing.

Edited by Rick Daugherty

I think what can happen is the OP has not download and installed the ASIO driver then Cakewalk would have to use a Windows drivers. ASIO is an option for some Realtek systems and Cake has a built in warning to tell you not to use it. 
I was thinking about purchasing an SSL2 due to the reviews and the pre amps. But of course all the reviews use Macs and drivers are never even mentioned. 

On 5/7/2024 at 11:59 AM, Rick Daugherty said:

Does anyone else use SSL interfaces with Cakewalk?   SSL site says 'cakewalk is not supported'.    Are you having issues with your interface?  If you open SSL's 360 controlling system it does not list Cakewalk in their drop down box of choices, so how would you even go about that issue?  Confused, because I've been using my SSL 12 for over a year with no issues.  (however, I have to use drivers OTHER THAN ASIO because cakewalk keeps 'recommending to me' (in edit/preferences) NOT to use ASIO drivers.  Confusing.

i have been using the SSL 12 for over a year without any issues. The 360 system is also fantastic! i am about to buy the UC1. i have seen vids online with people using it with Cakewalk even though SSL says its not supported. and i have not had any driver issues. it all work perfect.