Long MIDI Note/CC Editing Issue in PRV

Posted (edited)

To prevent SessionDrummer 3 from inadvertently triggering a drum fill pattern, I have a full length note in PRV on the "OFF" key.

When the note reaches measure 258 in length on a 4/4 beat pattern, it no longer responds to the mouse when zoomed in.  Can't select it.  Can't stretch it.  Nothing.  There are similar issues with CC values where they simply disappear when reaching a certain length.

I can break them up into smaller lengths, but is there a limit to how long a MIDI note/CC can be?  Or is this a Zoom bug?

Edited by sjoens

As best I can figure out, CbB/Sonar doesn't like when the start of a note is more than about 64 measures off-screen. At minimum zoom with the PRV at maximum width and no keyboard, I can get 740 measures on-screen, and I can manipulate a note that's 804 measures (740 + 64) long; but as soon as I scroll far enough out  to see the end of it, the start is now over 64 measures off screen, and I can no longer edit it in the PRV and have to resort to the Event List or scroll back to nearer the start time.

Posted (edited)

On my test project with a 96:01:000 measure long note, the off screen measure point reached 64:04:049 when the note was no longer selectable the 1st time.

On a 2nd occasion it reached 66:03:056 before it was unselectable.  So apparently no precise point where it happens.

Zoom is about 55-60% with 9 measures showing in PRV.

Kind of annoying but only a few projects affected by it so really not a big deal for me.... maybe for others tho.

Edited by sjoens