Problems saving projects with AudioMovers INJECT plugin loaded

I'm hoping that someone out there has experience of using the AudioMovers INJECT VST plugin with Cakewalk.

It allows audio to be routed in and out of a track via an FX which (for me) allows a true pre-FX send.

Only one problem.  When I try to save the project I get a sharing violation error and the project won't save.  For some reason 'Save As' works but is not practical for sessions where you are saving a large project frequently.

msmcleod suggested disabling the audio engine before saving but this didn't fix the problem unfortunately.

I'm trying to get AudioMovers on to this but if anyone has experienced the same issue please me me know.

Are you running Cakewalk as an "Administrator"? If not try that, it may work... So most "Sharing Violations" are caused by the file being open by two people at the same time and the other person saves it before you or by two different Apps at the same time and the other App takes ownership... If your "Project Drive" is a mapped network drive and Audiomovers Inject is opening up networking ports this could be your problem... Check and see if "Sharing Wizard" is on for your drive... Windows Folder Options -> View -> Files and Folders -> Use Sharing Wizard...

Thanks for the suggestions.

So I tried running CbB as an "Administrator" and still the same issue.

Checked and found that all my drives had the 'Use Sharing Wizard' ticked.

I've had a response from AudioMovers that Cakewalk is the only DAW they have found with this issue.  They have tested it on Logic Pro X, Cubase 10, Pro Tools 12 and up, Ableton Live 9 64 bit, Ableton Live 10, FL Studio.

It would be really helpful if you could download the demo version of INJECT and see if you get the same problem.  If there is no obvious workaround then I'll need to try and get the Bandlab guys to have a look.  I really want to get this plugin working properly.  It solves a big studio audio flow issue I've had for years!

I tried running Process Explorer and Process Monitor.  It does look like a Sharing Violation between cakewalk.exe  and inject-feeder.exe.

As soon as I kill the inject-feeder.exe app in Task Manager, the Save function works again.

The guys at AudioMovers have agreed to contact Bandlab with their findings.  Hopefully we'll get a solution from that dialogue.  Fingers crossed.

This sounds a lot like whatever they are using for copy protection or some system process of theirs is file locking the project file. We had a similar issue a few years ago with Steinberg's Syncrosoft copy protection and I sent them a ton of information to show that their eLicenser was causing this problem due to the Synsopos.exe process. 
This is something that AudioMovers would need to debug on their end. The fact that inject feeder is locking the project file is the problem they need to solve.

So I downloaded the 7 day trial of Inject and installed it... The Cakewalk plugin manager would not even register the plugin on my PC... Also tried it with Sonar to no avail... It did install properly because it registered and loaded in MixCraft... I even un-installed and reinstalled it running as admin... But it looks like you got some advice from Noel to pass on to AudioMovers... Anyway, best of luck with your setup...