Controller distress

Besides Cakewalk's fantastic features - the use of controllers is a very cumbersome process. Why is it so hard to get rid of them? The only way is seemingly by having to go into the Events List, selecting all instances of it there (what if there are 100's of them dispersed across a long track?), and then cutting them.

That's what I had to do. I experimented with one note:
I made sure that only the controllers (Filter cutoff & Env. decay) were cut. The note remained intact. But after this - I suddenly had no sound! The levels still show that there is sound on playback, but I can't hear anything.

Is this a glitch?

Capture2.PNG

Select the track or region that contains all the controllers you want to delete.  The use Menu - Edit - Select - by filter to narrow the selection. Then Delete.

The example below will narrow the selection to just CC74 and CC75 events.

Delete all CC74.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Cobus Prinsloo said:

the use of controllers is a very cumbersome process. Why is it so hard to get rid of them?

You can swipe in the Controller Pane with the Erase Tool or right-click and drag to lasso and hit the Delete key. The Erase tool doesn't care where you drag in the controller pane vertically, but Lasso requires 'capturing' the top of the controller 'tail'. For controllers with values of 0 or 127 (e.g. Pedal Up/Down), this is most easily accomplished by dragging outward from the center of the lane up to the top or down to the bottom. To get both, drag one way first, then hold Ctrl and drag the other way to add the selection.

Like Promidi, I'm a big fan of Select By Filter, but some people really prefer doing everything graphically with the mouse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

You can swipe in the Controller Pane with the Erase Tool or right-click and drag to lasso and hit the Delete key. The Erase tool doesn't care where you drag in the controller pane vertically, but Lasso requires 'capturing' the top of the controller 'tail'. For controllers with values of 0 or 127 (e.g. Pedal Up/Down), this is most easily accomplished by dragging outward from the center of the lane up to the top or down to the bottom. To get both, drag one way first, then hold Ctrl and drag the other way to add the selection.

Like Promidi, I'm a big fan of Select By Filter, but some people really prefer doing everything graphically with the mouse.

Thanks David, that's also a very handy tip to consider.