"Headin' for the Weeds"

bats brew

https://batsbrew.bandcamp.com/track/headin-for-the-weeds

*Headin for the Weeds -

my anti war rant.

the whole 'war' section in the middle, was a blast to come up with.
i just wanted cacaphony, and even tho i tried to impart some angst, it still comes off fairly groovy and proper, exactly opposite of what i was going for!
hehe, so i just went with it.

this was written about 5 years into the Iraq war.
another sony ACID drum track.

the drum groove was written for this song,
but i liked it so much, i have used it in a more recent song as well, one of my "formula One trilogy" songs, called "Silverstone".

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 8:13 AM, jack c. said:

man do ya rock out.great job.jack c

Thank you jack!

Thanks, The guitars on this are tele and strat with humbuckers thru Marshall plexi and mesa boogie mkiib head into a avatar 1x12 with celestion heritage speaker

The trick is the Barber Direct Drive Super Sport pedal driving the amps, and tightening of the low end

Hi BB, interesting tune, lots of twists and turns. Every time I here a tune of yours it reminds me of Steve Vai's "Flexable, very well done.

Nice tones from that Strymon, I just bought a Simplifier dlx,  great fun to turn it up late at night 🤘

Rik

On 4/18/2024 at 3:25 AM, Rikfr said:

Hi BB, interesting tune, lots of twists and turns. Every time I here a tune of yours it reminds me of Steve Vai's "Flexable, very well done.

Nice tones from that Strymon, I just bought a Simplifier dlx,  great fun to turn it up late at night 🤘

Rik

HI RIK!

thanks for listening!

yea, lots of twists, for sure..

funny, flexable, i bought that way back when, before passion and warfare, and i thought 'yep, you can hear the zappa influence right away!'

but really, it was similar, but parallel to zappa, IMHO.

the strymon,

is just dead easy to use.

i spend ZERO time setting up tones, and end up digging all of them.

since then, i've gotten a bit more dialed in with the choice of IR's i use, makes the biggest difference.

most of the solo tones, are miced up mesa boogie with a Barber Direct Drive pushing it.