TripleAce

Question

So I used bandlab and other software to make a melody then I downloaded the melody as a midi file and then I just downloaded cakewalk and imported the midi file into there and I can't hear it I looked in preferences and made sure my audio drivers were set correctly and it look like they were based off a youtube video I watched made by a member in these forums a couple years back. I just need help setting it up I use razer headphones wireless idk if that's the issue. I had same issue with fl studio that's why I swapped to cakewalk also bc its free.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 171245.png

Screenshot 2024-04-06 171352.png

Screenshot 2024-04-06 171425.png

Screenshot 2024-04-06 171513.png

3 answers to this question

^ He beat me to it.
Just downloading a MIDI file and opening it in Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB) won't necessarily let you hear the MIDI file. You need to also load a synthesizer in CbB and set the MIDI file to play through that synth. There are several ways to do that.
Then the synth must be set to play through your <audio device> whatever that may be.
These are the most basic of questions regarding MIDI. Check out the Tutorials forum here for some excellent reading material from our fellow Cakewalkers about how to do it.
Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1