Advice on programmed drums track

Marcello

Hi there, I recorded this track with NI Studio Drummer, since I'm not a drummer but a guitar player, I need some experienced drummer or mixing engineer to tell me if the track sounds natural enough, if the drums are played realistically enough or there is some feel or part that sound strange, and also if the mix/sound of the drums looks cool or not.

I kept the bass and the scratch guitar just for you to grasp the grove and put it into the context. (please notice the scratch guitar is player very badly and definitely not on time in some parts but just as a reference)

The drums is supposed to be a bit chaotic and not too "standard", the genre is post hardcore

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mNlNV3L5KQNdR5sIjxjGLGWt5EAqfAG_/view?usp=drive_link

5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@Marcello Here is the message from your Google Drive

Unable to play back as it requires access permissions 

You need access

Request access, or switch to an account with access.

Should be accessible now

5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@Marcello Here is the message from your Google Drive

Unable to play back as it requires access permissions 

You need access

Request access, or switch to an account with access.

Here’s also the song played live during rehearsals, I basically tried to copy exactly what the drummer was doing and reprogrammed it. Indeed he plays a lot of cymbals, do you think is still too much cymbals even here?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1faRpHgbcZqiXm4tKhaBAL0xkrAQu-rBP/view?usp=drivesdk

Yes. The cymbal is right in the front of the mix, if you're going to crash on it like that it needs to be backed down in the mix a lot. It sounds like there is an overhead right on the ride.