Really simple DAW for Mac?

So a summary of my workflow is this:

I create a sub-mix of a song on CbB (drums, piano guitar, whatever). I export it to a wav file.

I send the wav file to my daughter (singer with musical theater experience) who has a Mac and absolutely no DAW skills. I'll get her a Focusrite 2i2 and and maybe a Rode NT1. She will sing and record audio tracks while listening to the wav file I sent her. I can visit her for initial setup but I mostly won't be there. She will do no audio processing.

She will export her audio tracks and send them back to me. I can read them into CbB (time stretch/compress a bit as needed).

The bottom line question is what really simple recording software is recommended here for her Mac? Thx for any suggestions.

Edited by bmarlowe

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 6:56 AM, bmarlowe said:

She will export her audio tracks and send them back to me. I can read them into CbB (time stretch/compress a bit as needed).

Garage Band is the most likely solution, but since you're collaborating, and you already have a BandLab account, you might try having her use the browser-based version of BandLab DAW.

Easy to share the resulting projects, you can pull the stems down from within Cakewalk (or using BandLab on your end), so she doesn't have to mess around with exporting them from Garage Band.

• Like 1