Error message when updating to 2024.03 Build 417

17 minutes ago, Sal Sorice said:

Got notifies of update and installed. All seems to be working but got this error at end of install. Anyone else get this? I submitted a Problem Report.

image.png.890d2d4b286f962229eb4e2bcc379296.png

Did you have your internet on while updating? Just wondering if maybe it tried to reach bandlabs servers and couldn't for some reason.  

Just now, Sal Sorice said:

@Jonathan Sasor, I think it was at the end of the update. All seems to be OK. Not sure if I should try applying it again, and I don’t think I saw the update file in my downloads folder. 

It should be in a Cakewalk subfolder within the Downloads folder in Windows. It seems like it might have been a blip when the installer was just trying to launch the app, particularly if it was when you hit "Finish". If the app is displaying that you're on build 417, it's likely you're fine. That error shouldn't be related to anything actually updating for the app components. If there's any problems,  you might want to just make sure there's nothing unusual going on in Windows like a pending update or anything and then restart and try the installer again if necessary. 

48 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

It should be in a Cakewalk subfolder within the Downloads folder in Windows. It seems like it might have been a blip when the installer was just trying to launch the app, particularly if it was when you hit "Finish". If the app is displaying that you're on build 417, it's likely you're fine. That error shouldn't be related to anything actually updating for the app components. If there's any problems,  you might want to just make sure there's nothing unusual going on in Windows like a pending update or anything and then restart and try the installer again if necessary. 

Thanks Jonathan. Won't be back at PC until later and will see if all looks well. I may try running the update again just to see if it reoccurs. No updates were running or pending.