No playback while recording

jkoseattle

Question

Trying to get some momentum on this mammoth undertaking I'm just now starting, grrr.......

I'm in PRV. I must have flipped a switch that prevents playback while recording. I am still in Sound on Sound in settings, and nothing is actually getting lost, but while recording, I do not hear existing material. What's the switch I flipped?

Oh never mind. I wasn't in sound on sound, somehow I got switched to Comping, which I never ever ever use. I figured there must be some keyboard shortcut I accidentally hit, so I went into keyboard shortcuts, which reminds me of something else which has now been promoted to the Topic Of This Thread:

--- THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD ---

When I go to Keyboard Shortcuts in Preferences, it takes maybe 15 seconds for it to display. Is anyone else experiencing this? And if I close Preferences while on the keyboard shortcuts page, Cakewalk remembers what page I was on last time, so the next time I open Preferences, it wants to go directly to keyboard shortcuts, which means I need to wait that 15 seconds before I can use preferences at all.

Edited by jkoseattle

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jkoseattle said:

When I go to Keyboard Shortcuts in Preferences, it takes maybe 15 seconds for it to display. Is anyone else experiencing this?

CbB has been slow to open Keyboard Shortcuts for a couple-few years now. The Bakers have never really acknowledged that this changed suddenly from one release to the next. It's only 2-4 seconds on my machine now. The response time can vary, depending on some unknown factor, but I don't think I've ever seen as much as 15 seconds (!).