I can't move on from Sonar 4 to a new Sonar or Bandlab because of interface

I work on midi in piano roll view  99% of time.  For 17 years   i've been unable to move on to newer Cakewalk daws because of their interface.  and in 2024 i'm still limited with 32bit   facilities.  Somebody please help me .  I could pay money for reprogramming the new interface to look as  Sonar-4.

other daws, cubase etc are not an option.   ive already got hundreds of projects in sonar

sorry for english

FRGERHGE.jpg

FRGERHGE---2.jpg

Edited by Nikita Kapernaumov

1 hour ago, Nikita Kapernaumov said:

i'm still limited with 32-bit  facilities.  Somebody please help me .  I could pay money for reprogramming the new interface to look as  Sonar-4.

so, why not keep using the SONAR 4? perhaps you could use the money you would spend on "reprogramming" to buy a 64-bit computer?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, billp said:

Try these things in preferences. They may help somewhat:

image.png.411f9598b2fd39074cefacd9aee17997.png

and make this smaller:

image.png.60113995ad75d420bc92d09b4b733e05.png

thanks for the velocity tip . it works.
the first one i dont get it..    i typed that command there, restarted and nothing changed.   now it's this:

sdvsdv.jpg

Sorry for the sloppy highlighting. You need to create an entry for "PRVColorizeVelocity=0". This turns off the effect of velocity on the color of the notes in PRV.

1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

so, why not keep using the SONAR 4? perhaps you could use the money you would spend on "reprogramming" to buy a 64-bit computer?

i already have a 64bit computer  with ryzen cpu, 32gb.    sonar 4 is a 32bit daw it can only use one core and 1 or 2 GB, i forgot.   canbt work with vst3.   cant work wth any Kontakt libraries since  they are all for kontakt 6 and kontakt 6 is vst3

3 minutes ago, Nikita Kapernaumov said:

i already have a 64bit computer  with ryzen cpu, 32gb.    sonar 4 is a 32bit daw it can only use one core and 1 or 2 GB, i forgot.   canbt work with vst3.   cant work wth any Kontakt libraries since  they are all for kontakt 6 and kontakt 6 is vst3

ok, gotcha, sounds you need a theme updated with some graphics potentially to get the sharp note edges in CbB. my impression was you only has a 32-bit machine and somehow were worried going to 64-bit CbB (or Sonar) was not possible.

i think SteveC and billp have the right ideas. you might just edit the note images yourself to get the sharper edges. there is a theme editor for CbB.

1 hour ago, billp said:

Sorry for the sloppy highlighting. You need to create an entry for "PRVColorizeVelocity=0". This turns off the effect of velocity on the color of the notes in PRV.

i still dont really understand what you are helping me with
this is what i have now:

00003.jpg

Posted (edited)

theme editor appears to me an alternative version of standard color settings, except that you can upload other pictures for buttons

the main problem is PRV notes' quality of getting almost transparent when not in focus

image.png

image.png

13 minutes ago, Nikita Kapernaumov said:

i still dont really understand what you are helping me with

What you have now -- PRVColorizeVelocity=0  -- is what I suggested. What you had before -- ExceptionHandlingSeverity=7 -- serves a different but occasionally useful purpose for troubleshooting, so you can also set that too if you need it.

1 hour ago, Nikita Kapernaumov said:

the main problem is PRV notes' quality of getting almost transparent when not in focus

I thought there was a way to adjust the saturation level for non-focused tracks in the PRV, but if so, I sure can't find it.

5 hours ago, Nikita Kapernaumov said:

Try turning on "Auto Lock", top right above the Track List... With Auto Lock turned on only the Track you select is active and all others are greyed out and are not "almost transparent"... You will only be able to select\edit notes on that track... With "Auto Focus" on you can click on a note from another track, "almost transparent", and bring it into "Focus"... With Auto Focus on you can also edit notes from two different tracks at the same time by selecting them at the same time...

Edited by SirWillyDS12
  • Like 2