MOTU driver not selectable

Suddenly the generic ASIO driver is loading, and I cannot select the MOTU driver installed in these setting(and I reinstalled it to be sure it was OK). The only thing I have changed lately was to install a trial of Cubase. Otherwise, I have not made any system changes that should affect this that I know of. What's happening?

Win 10
Cakewalk 2024.02

image.thumb.png.f29d5ffef6f02fc15161115c2450c53f.png

13 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

Did you first deselect the generic driver? If possible.

Installing Cubase was the thing that affected this. 

Thanks. I did deselect it in the input area, but what I needed to do was deselect it in the output area to make it selectable in both locations. 

• Like 1

You need to remove both of those  from your system, They are what is known as an invasive drivers and they will cause issues like this. No doubt even if you deselect it you will find it listed in the latency settings in Sync and Caching tab. Its bad news. 

Remove it in the Reg Edit app as shown below.  Just choose delete.  You only want your Motu or any other proper audio interfaces,  see my ZoomL8 too,   listed here.  

These drivers are installed with other software as alternatives to on board audio and are not needed even by that software. The realtek ASIO driver is totally not recommended by Cakewalk staff.  Windows now uses WASAPI mode. 

If you follow my set up in this video you can use the Motu for everything and even multiple music apps can be used at the same time.   

https://youtu.be/opDwsC4_llg

Screenshot (436).png

Edited by John Vere

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

You need to remove both of those  from your system, They are what is known as an invasive drivers and they will cause issues like this. No doubt even if you deselect it you will find it listed in the latency settings in Sync and Caching tab. Its bad news. 

Remove it in the Reg Edit app as shown below.  Just choose delete.  You only want your Motu or any other proper audio interfaces,  see my ZoomL8 too,   listed here.  

These drivers are installed with other software as alternatives to on board audio and are not needed even by that software. The realtek ASIO driver is totally not recommended by Cakewalk staff.  Windows now uses WASAPI mode. 

If you follow my set up in this video you can use the Motu for everything and even multiple music apps can be used at the same time.   

https://youtu.be/opDwsC4_llg

Screenshot (436).png

Thanks. I've done that. We'll see what happens.

This subject keeps coming up over and over.  Steinberg products tend to install their own generic drivers which tends to upset Cakewalk/Sonar.

No need to use regedit - just rename the Steinberg driver to something like x.old