New pc build

JohnSorcer

Hi guys,

I am building new pc for music making and video editing. I am a beginner in all this and my budget is around 1400euros. 

I would like to record electric guitar and make basic rock songs and also short videos for Youtube, nothing fancy. Can you please recomend me should I go with Amd or Intel, or it doesn't really matter considering my budget? This is my main concern at the start. 

Thanks!

I go with Intel myself, mostly because it's what I know.

You can put together a killer system for that amount of money. My system (see specs in sig) can do the tasks you mention without getting anywhere near breaking a sweat, and it's years and processor generations older than what you're going to get today.

Heck, I could put together a good system for half of your budget!

Do you have an audio interface? If not, that's really the critical component and the first one to decide on.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2024 at 5:32 AM, Starship Krupa said:

You can put together a killer system for that amount of money. My system (see specs in sig) can do the tasks you mention without getting anywhere near breaking a sweat, and it's years and processor generations older than what you're going to get today.

Do you have an audio interface? If not, that's really the critical component and the first one to decide on.

Hi, no, I don't have an interface yet, was planning to start with something like Motu, Focusrite 2i2 or Audient, entry level stuff since I am a beginner. I would like low latency and direct monitoring, but I can't decide yet because I can't try them since I don't have a pc.

On 2/27/2024 at 9:32 AM, Starship Krupa said:

lake stevens home remodel

If you were to build a decent 1440p gaming rig in the first half of 2024, what sort of specs would you go for? It's my son's 18th birthday in May so I think he can have his own PC...

Edited by oscarreece