Spitfire Symphony Orchestra Updated for Kontakt 7

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to Spitfire Symphony Orchestra Updated for Kontakt 7

Astonishing deal.   

Bought it last night,  woke up this morning and still couldn't believe it was true. 

Looked at my computer, happily downloading.  Amazing.  (By the way, the Spitfire downloader/installer is a complete joy, especially compared to the IK Product Manager that I've been fighting with for weeks, as I try to download all of Total Studio Max.)

They've discontinued the old Spitfire Symphony Orchestra, which used to come in "core" and "pro" flavours.  Now there's just this one unified version, which is better than core and includes the highly-prized "outrigger" mics from the Pro version, but drops some of the other extra mic positions that used to be found in pro.  It's unknown if those extra mics will be offered as an upgrade sometime in the future.  

But it also includes the percussion, harp, grand piano and "Spitfire Masse" (giant orchestral ensemble patches) that used to make up a product called "Spitfire Symphony Complete", and if memory serves that bundle cost about £2000 even just a week ago.  So to get everything for the intro price of £399 is crazy, even at the new normal (post-intro) price of £499 it's still phenomenal.

I wouldn't have been able to get it without Paypal "pay in 3", which I've never used before but luckily for me it was accepted, so I paid £133 now, then will pay £133 again in a month's time, and a final £133 in April.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fleer said:

True. And 345GB worth. 
But I would prefer (and got) BBCSO Pro at double the size and sometimes similarly priced. 

I have BBCSO Pro too  (I know, I'm sick.)

I got it a couple of years back when Christian Henson had a one-day "choose any library at 50% off" deal.   

I do like it, but I recently got SCS Pro and have fallen in love with the sound of the Air Lyndhurst hall.   So now to have the full orchestra alongside it is amazing.  

BBCSO Pro is £900 full price, but now the SSO "Pro" (ish) is £499 full price.  It will be interesting to see if they shuffle the prices of their entire lineup now.

• Like 1