Different levels on different computers

I started this session in my cabin this weekend, and brought it with me to finish it at home.
In my cabin I have a Steinberg UR28M, at home I have a Roland Octa-capture.
Input gain on the Roland @max. while on the Steinberg, @ 50% Steinberg left, and Roland right (Record 11)
Why does the difference look like this: 

image.thumb.png.f602be3a83746514f3194bb710365bec.png

Edited by Anders Madsen

they're two different clips? one is call Vox and the other is call Record 11. plus the IO units does not change the levels on the clip display, so either you zoomed in (or out) or as per the previous statement, they're not the same clip.

if you're trying to say one IO unit fed a higher level signal (or vice versa), then it's because one of your IO units fed a higher (or lower) level signal (presuming the input to each was the same).

one thing to do: calibrate your levels. use a pink noise (or any noise really) set to -20db, -18db, or -12db and feed it through your IO unit directly, or if using a mic (same one in each location) then play the noise in the room and set it for a level at about 12" from the mic of around 50db (or more but i like to not potentially damage things) and calibrate your levels for each unit.

They are two different vocal takes. One from my cabinPC, the other is verse 2 recorded at home withj the Roland.
The Roland has very low input volume. It is set by some auto routine, and this time it was set to max. but is still ~9dB lower than the Steinberg at 50%

Edited by Anders Madsen

4 hours ago, Anders Madsen said:

It is set by some auto routine,

There's the problem, disable it, That's a feature aimed at novice users. Take control. 

You want to set input levels at your personal target. Mine is between -12 and -8db for vocals and guitars. If the interface does not allow this to happen I would be looking for a new one. 

Thx, John, but nope.
That is not the problem; It is set to max. by this. As in; This is maximum gain from the Roland.
Even if I went manual, and set it to max, I get results like this on the Roland.

I'm spending the rest of this sunday, choosing between the AUDIENT EVO 8 4/4 Audio Interface, and the Universal Audio VOLT 2
The Roland has to go..

I did a lot of research looking for a 2x2 interface for my Grandson. Yes those are good choices. The SSL2 + was my favourite pick so we are just waiting to hear back from a few local music stores. 
Here’s my video I made that lists them all. 

• Like 2