Clip Names When Drag-Exporting

sjoens

EDITED:

To better identify exported audio clips, request  project - track - clip name - [#](#) format, same as MIDI clips.

Current:
1. When dragging to export single audio clips, file name reflects ONLY the clip name (#).

2. When dragging to export multiple audio clips from one track, they are bounced together and file name changes to reflect ONLY the project name (#).

clips:                                   files:

clipnames.JPG.6b5f5bacd6f9962bdb7376a6cd1269a9.JPG  clipnames1.JPG.fcdc3646e40a68193f4fc68028410c7c.JPG

Which is which??

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 8:14 PM, sjoens said:

When dragging clips to desktop, etc., the names change to reflect the project name followed by sequential numbering system.

clipnames1.JPG.fcdc3646e40a68193f4fc68028410c7c.JPG

Instead I would like drag-exported clips to retain their clip name.

clipnames.JPG.6b5f5bacd6f9962bdb7376a6cd1269a9.JPG

This helps identify what the clips are once they leave the project without having to rename them, which can be tedious when migrating several clips.

I'd like a modified version of your idea and the original way. So the clip name, with an underscore and the project details at the end.  Like that we get the best of both worlds, knowing what the file actually is, but also where it might've come from.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 5:14 PM, sjoens said:

When dragging clips to desktop, etc., the names change to reflect the project name followed by sequential numbering system.

Instead I would like drag-exported clips to retain their clip name.

This helps identify what the clips are once they leave the project without having to rename them, which can be tedious when migrating several clips.

I don't know what your issue is; when I drag a named Audio clip to either the App Browser OR to the desktop/drive it retains the exact name of the clip from in the project with the addition of an iteration number; ex: "filename(4).wav" depending on how many times that I've dragged it out of the project to a different location.

image.png.b8c60d6af8dffed6db4d843a5e9dd683.png

ends up in the app browser as this:

image.png.9de1de556ae143ee6a78ebaa8bc5c972.png

and on the desktop as this:

image.png.7c27999289b6e0142a5d23ac5fdbef8e.png

My mistake.  I was dragging several selected audio clips from the same track so they all got bounced together during export causing the project name to occur.
Clips names are retained when dragged individually.
Clip name = "clip" if not named.

MIDI clips always retain project - track - clip name - [#](#) regardless of action or bounced state.
Clip name = "untitled clip" if not named.

Original request edited.

Edited by sjoens

• sjoens changed the title to Clip Names When Drag-Exporting