[Solved]CbB opening frozen halfway on screen with Sonar Ad

Keni

Has anyone run into this?

I have a friend who is stuck with this problem. I've had him close it using Task Manager and re-boot as well but when he opens CbB it only opens covering part of the screen and is frozen with the Sonar ad and nothing working.

The only thing I can think to do would be to re-install CbB but that's very difficult in this situation as my friend is both pc UNsaavy and has no internet. I would go over, but he's in Florida and I'm in California. My other friend local to him in Florida who has been handling his machine and updates is in the hospital so he can't help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Edited by Keni

4 minutes ago, gustabo said:

Install the Early Access release

Thanks... I didn't even know there is one.

My problem (as mentioned in OP is that my friend is both incapable of doing such and doesn't have internet (not even a smart phone) so it becomes involved gettting someone to visit him and use a hotspot to handle his internet needs. I will consider it, but it has been working fine until today, so I don't think it's the build, but I will download the EA for myself to check it out anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe something changed behind the scenes on the server side? Still shouldn't affect the opening of the program.

50 minutes ago, gustabo said:

Install the Early Access release

Thanks again Gustabo...

Nice to have the Sonar ad gone!

I'll have to see about getting someone in Florida to do the update for my friend. Nice to see the offline activation finally returned. That may help too...

I guess changes made to impliment this coming update may be the cause of his problem.... somehow?

I should have tried opening CbB before running the update to see if the same was true on my system as his? Too late now!

Wait! I just remembered I have it installed on my older machine as well.... off to look!

Nope... All was well with my other CbB install. I have updated that to the EA as well... So I'm still trying to understand what's going on with my friend's machine. Half open and useless for him at the moment...

Edited by Keni

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

So you didn’t read the other 3 threads on the topic that right now are at the top?   This is all getting a bit ridiculous 😐

Sorry, I didn’t see them as my priorities are currently elsewhere. I’m trying to solve this issue for a non-tech, no internet friend across the country from me.

I will look for them now.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• Keni changed the title to [Solved]CbB opening frozen halfway on screen with Sonar Ad

Yeah!

That was easy this time.

I finally got someone both comfortable enough with pc workings and with a decent hotspot connection and the job was fixed in a flash!

Connected pc to hotspot

Downloaded and ran the latest EA

CbB activated immediately and he's back in the groove!

Thanks to all for the pointers and thoughts!

• Like 2