Did Anyone Else Get a 20% Upgrade Code For EZD 3?

Tim Smith

I am looking at this as a possibility although I must have like 10 other drum kits. I think my upgrade would be 99.00 and then the 20% through Febuary.

Has anyone used the AI features in EZD 3? THat seems to be the improvement with maybe a few more samples added.

Edited by Tim Smith

Believe it or not Addictive Drums seems to fit a lot of my mixes best and I haven't used EZ as much.

I admit a lot of that could just be what I've gotten accustomed to. I'm not even a drummer but this suff fascinates me. 

• Like 2

@Tim Smith I’m not a drummer. So the search function in EZD3 is really useful for me. The caveat here is this, I’m deep in the ToonTrack eco system. Lots and lots of their midi pacs. When I do a search it returns tons of options. For those that don’t have tons of their midi the options are limited. The progression from EZD>EZD2>EZD3 has been great; for me. For someone who AD is working well for; maybe not so much?

HTH,

t

15 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

@Tim Smith I’m not a drummer. So the search function in EZD3 is really useful for me. The caveat here is this, I’m deep in the ToonTrack eco system. Lots and lots of their midi pacs. When I do a search it returns tons of options. For those that don’t have tons of their midi the options are limited. The progression from EZD>EZD2>EZD3 has been great; for me. For someone who AD is working well for; maybe not so much?

HTH,

t

Well I sprung for it. Now I have overkill on my overkill lol.

The guys at toontrack were very helpful with me when there was an issue with EZD 2. I have a few of those paks. EZD3 is about 15 gigs, so not a light download. I can't download it right now, but hopefully this afternoon. Not sure if EZD 3 uses some of the EZD 2 samples? There have only been a few programs where I went back to the older version because I preferred it better. Since it needs to probably see EZD 2, I probably should not consider dumping it just yet. I know they have record of that in my portal as well. You know how computers and programs are. Everything has to be done in the right order.

Thanks for the FYI on the search function. Demoing 300 drum loops is similar to me demoing 300 string patches. No joy. Thankfully these programs have gotten better at metadata and search functions. I bought 3 drum paks over the holidays and I don't remember the program I bought them for . I believe it was AD. I don't think we should have to buy 100 midi paks to get something decent out of these programs and for the most part, unless it's something very odd, the staple loops are pretty good.

Part of me thinks that having two drum programs at 15gigs each, maybe I should have thought more about Superior drummer instead, but I do things to the bass drums and acoustics anyways, so those base kits can be 'tweaked'.

I wonder how many here are still mapping each track in Cakewalk? I seldom do that any more.

• Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

EZD 3 uses some of the EZD 2 samples?

All of the core expansion kits from EZD2 are recognized in EZD3.
Removing EZD2 is not necessary or advisable.
If you are not using the "midi drop zone" in EZD2, you'll want to delve into that, and the new BandMate function.
Check out Shootie School on YouTube, lots of tutorials that  will help get you up and running.

t

• Like 1