Any Help??? Midi file from Musescore not playing in Cakewalk

Hello Everyone, I've written a long piece in MuseScore and I'm trying to bring the midi file into Cakewalk. But something's not working....Any help would be much appreciated. As a demonstration, here's a simplified version of what I'm tring to do (with just a simple short midi file as an example.) ---Step 1: Create a song in Musescore ---Step 2: Export as midi file --- Step 3: In Cakewalk, import my new midi file --- Step 4: Add an instrument (and test it)--- Step 5: Assign the midi track output to the instrument --- That's it. Shouldn't it be working? No sound on playback. And the instrument stops working, even if I tested it 15 seconds before...  I made a little video to show what I'm doing. Here's the link: 

Check the the Event List view for NRPN messages and delete them or click the VST2 dropdown at the top of SI Electric Piano, go to Plug-in Properties and enable "Do Not Intercept NRPNs".

Incidentally, an Instrument track is a combined MIDI and synth Audio track so you can drop the MIDI right in the Instrument track and get rid of your separate MIDI track.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had also tried that and no sound...that's weird. I can also put notes in the Piano Roll and they will play. But as soon as I put notes from my imported midi files, everything stops playing.... Well thanks for your help!

I think a previous tip by David Baay has solved the problem:  click the VST2 dropdown at the top of SI Electric Piano, go to Plug-in Properties and enable "Do Not Intercept NRPNs". I've made a couple of tests with this and it seems to work so far!!!! Wow!!
!

4 hours ago, david brunet said:

I think a previous tip by David Baay has solved the problem:  click the VST2 dropdown at the top of SI Electric Piano, go to Plug-in Properties and enable "Do Not Intercept NRPNs". I've made a couple of tests with this and it seems to work so far!!!! Wow!!

Yes, NRPN and RPN events being sent to Cakewalk instruments categorically stops Cakewalk instruments dead in their tracks (no pun intended)>

You need to either, as you have done, enable “Do Not Intercept NRPNs”,  or make sure there are absolutely no NRPN and RPN events in any MIDI tracks being routed to MIDI instruments.