Older version reverted to demo mode

ArKay

Question

I'm using an older machine on Windows 7, and had to stop updating Cakewalk back at version 2019.05.

Had been reauthorizing roughly every 6 months, but now the program has reverted to DEMO mode  with apparently no way to reauthorize. Have been a faithful Sonar/Cakewalk since Sonar 6, and am happy with the program as it was - understanding the current changes going on at Bandlab, is there a way to keep my version 2019.05 active on the old machine until I get a new Windows 10 machine? Much appreciated.

6 answers to this question

1 minute ago, ArKay said:

Have been unable to update since v.2019.05 due to I believe that's when the program went to a Windows10 requirement. So what you're saying is that my Windows 7 machine is essentially locked out from using the version of CwB currently installed on it? Sonar X2 and Platinum continued to function long after they were replaced 😞

Cakewalk by Bandlab 2023.09 Build 75 should install on a fully patched Windows 7 PC (Well patched up to January 2020)

Of course there will be a warning.  However, it’s just warning, not a show stopper.  It should still install.  Just don’t expect any support.

Note, you should be using the Web installer, not Bandlab Assistant to install Cakewalk by Bandlab 2023.09 Build 75.

https://downloads.bandlab.com/cakewalk/setup/CakewalkSetup.exe

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Have been unable to update since v.2019.05 due to I believe that's when the program went to a Windows10 requirement. So what you're saying is that my Windows 7 machine is essentially locked out from using the version of CwB currently installed on it? Sonar X2 and Platinum continued to function long after they were replaced 😞

Promidi - very much appreciated! All is well again. 2023.09 loaded with no problems however, now I've got 3 years of update learning curves to process.  🙂

Again, thank you so much.  Cakewalk lives on!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ArKay said:

Promidi - very much appreciated! All is well again. 2023.09 loaded with no problems however, now I've got 3 years of update learning curves to process.  🙂

Again, thank you so much.  Cakewalk lives on!

There’s no real changes to CbB in the last 3 years?  They focused on bug fixes. They saved all the new feature stuff for the up and coming Sonar release. 
I have a copy on a 2008 W7 laptop and I always updated with no problem. You get a warning that’s all. But you get lots of Warnings when using W7. I just keep it off line and only turn on the wi fi to update.