Sitala drum player not showing up in Cakewalk

charliegao

Question

I downloaded the drum player Sitala but its not showing up in cakewalk and is opening as a separate application. I copied all of the Sitala files that I downloaded to my Vst folder and manually scanned it several times but it still didn't show up. I double checked the files, their locations and even redownloaded Sitala a couple of times and it still fails to show up in cakewalk. Is there any way to fix this?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, charliegao said:

I downloaded the drum player Sitala but its not showing up in cakewalk and is opening as a separate application. . . .

I have played with Sitala before and was going to test it on my current PC, but considering I never use it (I have other tools I can use), I will not be buying the new version. In fact, I didn't even know it became non-free. The older version used to work with CbB. Maybe someone else who has the current [i.e., paid] version should give it a try to see if it still works in CbB? 

4 hours ago, charliegao said:

I copied all of the Sitala files that I downloaded to my Vst folder

How exactly did you do this?

The zip file contains an MSI file - this is an installer.  You don’t just copy this file into your VST folder, you run the installer

The installer prompts for the various locations. 

The most important location is “Install VST to”.  This needs to be a location as defined in Preferences - File - VST Settings > VST Scan Paths

Once the installation is complete, then do a scan.

Then the Sitala drum player should be showing up in Cakewalk. 

Check Cakewalk Plug-in manager if necessary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

How exactly did you do this?

The zip file contains an MSI file - this is an installer.  You don’t just copy this file into your VST folder, you run the installer

The installer prompts for the various locations. 

The most important location is “Install VST to”.  This needs to be a location as defined in Preferences - File - VST Settings > VST Scan Paths

Once the installation is complete, then do a scan.

Then the Sitala drum player should be showing up in Cakewalk. 

Check Cakewalk Plug-in manager if necessary.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will try it again.