Beatsurfing 60% off and a further 40% if you buy 3

jngnz

So this randomising synth was in Andrew Huang's top list of 2023:

https://vst.beatsurfing.com/music-production-tools/random/

It seemed interesting, but I initially shelved it to buy at a later point because I'm drowning in synths.

Then I realised they had a "make your own bundle" option where you buy 3 of their plugins and get 40% on top of the sale prices:

https://vst.beatsurfing.com/music-production-tools/make-your-own-audio-plugin-bundle/

So they got me.

I picked Random, 7 Deadly Snares and Lunch Table, which all seem like cool plugins.

Can't wait to never use them.

Happy new year.

• Like 1

So I searched YT for videos on Random. I get that it makes unique sounds, and it has a novel interface. But I still don't quite get how it's used in a music-making context: the videos seem to show the sounds it can make (like a technology demo), rather than the music it can contribute to (i.e. a track that it is used in).

Does anyone have a demo song or video link where it's used with other instruments?

1 hour ago, antler said:

So I searched YT for videos on Random. I get that it makes unique sounds, and it has a novel interface. But I still don't quite get how it's used in a music-making context: the videos seem to show the sounds it can make (like a technology demo), rather than the music it can contribute to (i.e. a track that it is used in).

Does anyone have a demo song or video link where it's used with other instruments?

I have of course yet to actually use it, but I imagine it's more for sound design. You record yourself playing around and sample and mangle. That kind of stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

I'll get some amazing sounds out of this to layer under bass, guitars or horns. Making sampled stuff sound more alive.

Hadn't thought of that. Another idea might be to pass a recording through something like XLN Life and see what it makes of it.

• Like 1