My project doesn't have any audio

Karla Vazquez

Question

I have been working on this project for about a month and I haven't had any problems with the audio output until today. There is just no audio coming from the program at all. I have verified the preferences and switched between different ones to see if there is any change, but nothing. Are there any other ways that I can verify the audio? The audio on my computer works fine, this is just happening on Cakewalk. Thank you for your help. 

4 answers to this question

It’s almost always that the Master bus outputs get changed especially when you mess with driver modes. My guess is it will say None. 
Best to open console view and check there. You can also drag the hardware bus strips into view if you look for the divider on the far right of console view. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Just this project or all?

Have you checked the output level of your Hardware Output channel strip has not changed.

Maybe reinstall the drivers for your audio interface?

It is only happening with this project. I can open other projects or even start a new one and have the audio

10 minutes ago, John Vere said:

It’s almost always that the Master bus outputs get changed especially when you mess with driver modes. My guess is it will say None. 
Best to open console view and check there. You can also drag the hardware bus strips into view if you look for the divider on the far right of console view. 

Followed your advice. Changed the output from master to the specific audio output and now it works. Thank you for all your help. 

• Like 1