Fragile

treesha

21 hours ago, Mike Stier said:

Such an interesting song. I love how much the bass led the song, and it kept my attention throughout since I never quite knew where we were going. Well done.

Hi Mike, thank you for listening and I appreciate your comment very much. I too  was intrigued by how the bass turned out and I think its my favorite part of the song. I chuckled at you not knowing where we were going, ty for coming along. Nice to know you think its a well done interesting song, very encouraging feedback. Happy new year

Hey Treesha . . . really thought this was sonically and lyrically fabulous all the way through ! Musically, there is this interesting pulsating feel as it evolves, and a lot of interesting textures and sounds you've presented along the way.

The last part lyrics really jumped out for me, excellent way to wrap up the theme . . . very well conceived I think . . .

"I’m too fragile like a ghost on a cloud, I’m too fragile icicle in the sun, No port in the storm, I’m too fragile a whisper in the wind"

. . . most impressive !

Bruce

• Thanks 1

Really good arrangement and mix, but you didn't use your EB0 bass 🙁. Really though the SI bass sounds great.

The beginning hooks you in, the solo keyboard synth sound, then the bass comes in, then the drums - really good I think.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, noynekker said:

Hey Treesha . . . really thought this was sonically and lyrically fabulous all the way through ! Musically, there is this interesting pulsating feel as it evolves, and a lot of interesting textures and sounds you've presented along the way.

The last part lyrics really jumped out for me, excellent way to wrap up the theme . . . very well conceived I think . . .

"I’m too fragile like a ghost on a cloud, I’m too fragile icicle in the sun, No port in the storm, I’m too fragile a whisper in the wind"

. . . most impressive !

Bruce

Hi Bruce, thank you for listening and your  very much appreciated comment ! I have written a lot of poetry in my life so sometimes that seeps into lyrics I think. I'm glad to know you appreciated the lyrics as well as the other things you enjoyed about the song. I do like a beat even when the subject matter might not be equally bouncy. I am encouraged by your calling  it fabulous and all the other affirming descriptive things you said! Thank you again

14 hours ago, bmarlowe said:

Really good arrangement and mix, but you didn't use your EB0 bass 🙁. Really though the SI bass sounds great.

The beginning hooks you in, the solo keyboard synth sound, then the bass comes in, then the drums - really good I think.

Hi bmarlowe, Thank you for listening and for your feedback. My EBO is wonderful but needs some work. Meanwhile I started using vst bass and meanwhile I started liking using vst bass. With the EBO I would have to spend time in Melodyne fixing intonations and it has such a dark sound that I love playing and feeling, but can be hard to brighten it up in a song. I am surprised how much I go to the SI bass vs some of the other bass vst I have but like you I think it sounds great to my ears. I usually put bass professor II on my bass track to bring in some highs as I usually start liking something very low. Thanks for describing how you responded to the song as you began listening. I wanted to do an interesting beginning for this one and its good to know it hooked you in.  I appreciate your comment!