Can't save or create Workspaces

Red Four

Just noticed this issue, so not sure how long it's been happening. When I tweak the UI (for example, updating what is displayed and at what size in the control bar), I am unable to save my edits in my custom Workspace or create a new Workspace. Instead, those options are grayed out in the Workspaces menu:

image.png.169614f0e2a9375ec4f90ba129eb8124.png

It does display my custom Workspace correctly, and loads it when the program opens. And I can jump between the different stock Workspaces shown in the menu. I just can't choose any of the grayed out options to save new edits I make.

Any ideas as to why this is?

After you have tweaked some workspaces, it is important to click on "Apply to workspace on project load" and make sure to save it. 

If im correct (havent done it in years) you need to tweak a custom workspace from one of the available ones seen in your screenshot for the New and Save options to become visible. 

Edited by Will.

Thanks, all. I'm not sure what was going on. I checked folder permissions (good idea Xoo). Latest version of CbB. Finally I tried opening an empty project, and that seemed to do it - it's now working as expected whether I'm in a new or existing project. Cheers!