No Midi Devices found in Cakewalk

Xendiadyon

Hello,
I need help with a weird problem:

I want to load an existing midi file (recorded via my Digital Piano) into Cakewalk, switch some channels, adjust the volume of single channels, and then export it again as midi file.

I managed to load the file into Cakewalk and the different Tracks are displayed (see screenshot).
But when I playback, no sound is coming out of my speaker.

I have Microsoft GS Wavetable (which is obviously no longer supported).

Also I use VirtualMidiSynth, which works fine in all other programs (Capella, Media Player Midi Playback).

But none of the Midi devices are shown in the properties dialog (see screenshot).

I thought that Cakewalk TTS-1 should work, but although I can find it in the Plugin-Manager (see screenshot), it is not visible in the plugin list.

I searched a lot, did several complete uninstall/reinstalls, deregistered TTS-1 and registered again, but to no avail.

All I want is remixing this stupid midi file without the need to buy a focusrite or any midi interface or carry my PC downstairs to my Digital Piano and use this to play midi... Just use my sound speakers to check and improve my midi file. This has to be possible somehow, or am I completely mistaken?

Can you help me?