SonarBeta: Whats My Wish List For The New Redone Sonar.

Reggmail

Question

Things that will be great are implemented into the new Sonar

(1.) In looking at the new Software such as FL studio 2.1.2 with the ability to do AI Stem Separate would be great although RipX  Does a better job at it. 

I have old stereo mixes that were mixed down to 2 tracks on DAT, it would be great to be able to use the Stem separated for remixing.

(2.) Sonar Platinum was, and still is one of the best software that is still used by many today. 

I loved the versatility of Sonar Platinum and the overlooked Ableton Live liked the ''Matrix View'' with all of the loops was fun to use and helped spark creative possibilities.

With some bug fixes in Sonar Platinum, I wish they could come up with a more advanced VST scanning system, many times it would get stuck

scanning through my video fx or other unrelated software then freeze, when that happens if your new VST plugin is not detected it's game over.

As far as I know, there was no way to override that error other than to find the location of the freezing software and remove it then start your scan all over again.

That was a pain, especially if it was more than one software freezing up your search. Again, FL studio was much easier and faster searching new software without the freezing.

(3.) When Cackwalk was part of Roland, I was hoping that they would be the only ones who would do a ''full slept-on VST version of the VP9000  VariPhrase system''. 

Rapture Pro, Zeta 2, and a host of FX plugs that are still good at today's standards.

That's my wish list. 

Edited by Reggmail
Some Spelling Errors

I like to keep the Master wide and the rest narrow. I set my console up though so I can widen one of the others; Vocals, SubMix, Guitars, Drums, Keys and not lose the last one in the string. I don’t use “work spaces” so I generally don’t have issues in the console view. 

t

I guess I’m lazy in my old age. I have 2 Workspaces. 1 monitor and 2 monitors.  My workaround is make them all narrow and then widen the few I need. It just doesn’t stick. 
Im going bonkers with NEXT because everything keeps changing as you work. Open the event inspector ( PRV) and it’s zoomed way out so notes are a big blob. Zoom in and get it just right do a little editing. Open another midi track and it’s a big blob again, now return to the one you fixed and it’s a big blob again. No smart tool, the list is a block long, So please don’t complain about Cakewalk/ Sonar it’s actually unbelievable compared to Next. 

Edited by John Vere

On 12/14/2023 at 5:39 PM, msmcleod said:

I don't really get this one... surely once you've committed an arrangement, all of your existing sections are all in the wrong place?

Or rather than preserve, do you mean "arrange" the sections in the other arranger tracks too?

I would like it so that the other arranger tracks are not deleted when I commit the arranger tracks. So that whatever notes I have in the additional arranger tracks measures are not lost. (I put the chords for the songs in the second track)

There is great potential for all kinds of comments & chords that should automatically stay with the rearranged song. Losing these parts on arrange is a pain in the butt. You did show me a work around that works however this workaround is not convenient. The way it is now is a seriously limiting factor in that it slows the process..

32 minutes ago, rfssongs said:

I would like it so that the other arranger tracks are not deleted when I commit the arranger tracks. So that whatever notes I have in the additional arranger tracks measures are not lost. (I put the chords for the songs in the second track)

There is great potential for all kinds of comments & chords that should automatically stay with the rearranged song. Losing these parts on arrange is a pain in the butt. You did show me a work around that works however this workaround is not convenient. The way it is now is a seriously limiting factor in that it slows the process..

I’m not a Sonar tester but Next has both the Arranger and a lyrics track. 

You can copy paste your lyrics to a scratch pad then copy paste those to assemble the lyrics track. The lyrics track is like a second Arranger track with out the colours.
So possibly your wish will be granted if Sonar also has this new feature.