issue with track and LR - SOLVED

greg54

I'm recording a song and everything has been fine.  I recorded a guitar and a keyboard part.   Both of these were panned hard R.  All of a sudden, today I'm playing back the song and noticed something wasn't right.    When I checked the guitar and keyboard parts, I couldn't hear them, although the meter was moving.   I ended up panning both paths hard L, and now I hear them.

However, they don't come out of far L.  They are in the center.   I can't pan them hard R, because they won't work.  I don't have this issue with the other tracks panned R.  I even inserted new tracks and copied and pasted the parts onto those tracks.  Same issue.  I didn't do anything to change anything.  I've only been recording.   Anyone have suggestions? 

Edited by greg54

When I turned on the computer and played the song, everything was fine, for whatever reason.  Then as I worked on it for a few minutes, it did it again.  Only everything panned right wasn't playing.  

It's track 13, the one opened wide.

CbB right pan.png

Edited by greg54

Ok let’s use troubleshooting 101. 
Process of elimination. 
Open a blank project and play the metronome does it come out of both speakers? This rules out a hardware issue. Bad cables etc. 

Open the project with the issue and mute everything but the metronome bus. is it coming out both speakers here? 
Play and solo the offending guitar track and change its output to go directly to the hardware output 1/2. 

Double check the pan and interleave are set correctly.

Turn off all effects bypass the bin and pro channel  

Turndown any effect sends and Aux track sends 

If needed 
Now change output to the master  and then to change output to the Guitar bus. 
This will uncover at which point in the signal path the problem exists. 
I would definitely look at effect plug ins. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John Vere said:

I would definitely look at effect plug ins. 

I think that might be the problem.  I noticed the Universal Audio plugin manager app keeps opening when I have a project open.  That's when I notice the issue.  Later, when I get on my computer, I will disable it and see if that works.

• greg54 changed the title to issue with track and LR - SOLVED