Seeing recorded track content the same color as the console view colors (sometimes)

Sven

image.thumb.png.169dd6f972a9c3ada26ca07cb9537519.png

I like to see the recorded track content the same color as the track color I choose in Console View when I'm in Track View.  Sometimes I see it but other times I don't and only see the selected console view color on the left side but not on the entire track contents.   I assume it's some viewing option but I'm not sure which one.   

This screen shot is from an older song and I see what I want but the newer ones maybe have a different workspace setting, or whatever that changes things.   I've never been a fan of the many surprises I get  (usually late at night!) from Cakewalk workspace settings but I may be in the minority.    Perhaps the problem is something simpler.

Thanks for any help on how to achieve this.

Thanks for the link suggestion.    It seems that when I go to various MIDI tracks and change the color the content on the right shows that color which is great. 

When I create a new Soft Synth and then change the audio track color which I usually change in Console View the MIDI channel(s) associated with that channel don't change colors with it.  I think that's my main problem.  Is there some setting I'm missing in Customization or wherever that would have all MIDI channels appear the same color as the audio channel they're associated with?  Otherwise, I guess I can change all those track colors together in Track View but I usually choose my colors in Console View.

Thanks.