Blinding Lights by El Diablo Songwriter (New Genre uses both straight time and double time)

El Diablo

I've created a unique song here.  As of right now, I don't think anyone has used this technique before.

I've created a new genre, what do you think?

Just listen to it as watching this may get you sick :/ ...lol... it's eye hurting for sure!

I first produced the song using a straight time slow tempo (66.6 BPM), then I exported all the tracks that are ready to be mastered, I import them into Melodyne Studio and change the tempo (double time) (120+ BPM) during the resting parts of the song, then I import all the tracks back into my DAW to master the song.

I've given you a baseline to reproduce this new genre.  I'm not sure what I want to call this genre, but let it be known "El Diablo Songwriter created this genre" :)

------ Special Thanks to Unfinished Songs YouTube channel for letting me use #52 for this song! -----

Took only 2 days to produce as is most of my songs are done within 2-4 days (average about 8 hours per day).  So, this took 16 hours to create the song lyrics, sing it, mix it, Master it.  I've only got like 3-4 days off per week for my job.  Being a hobby, not many listeners, I just strive to create new things, unusual songs, etc.

What helps me a lot is my collaboration with Unfinished Songs.

You can find the lyrics in the description on the YouTube channel for this video.

Edited by El Diablo
Added extra information about this song

• El Diablo changed the title to Blinding Lights by El Diablo Songwriter (New Genre uses both straight time and double time)
23 hours ago, KSband said:

It's a weird timing for sure, it kind of works, certainly different.

Thanks, I plan to do this to a few more songs.

I also plan to do some collaborations on this forum: https://forums.songstuff.com/

I'm on those forums as "El Diablo Songwriter".  Keep watch of the collaboration area of those forums.  I plan to upload some unfinished songs of my own, see if I can get a songwriter, singer, other instrument player, etc to add their own stems to just create one for the fun of it.

I didn't see any areas where people can collaborate on the Cakewalk Forums.  I did however link back to the Cakewalk Forums in their forums area.