Suddenly started stuttering and distorting randomly

Jmus

• Jmus changed the title to Suddenly started stuttering and distorting randomly

Hi Hook

Changed nothing on my music computer.

Personal comuter got a Cannon scanner and printer I'd only installed software to personal pc. It is set up wirelessly though I don't think my music PC has wireless but is connected to my network. I disconnected music pc from internet last night to try and solve problem.

Just checked all cables and all OK.

Power for soundcard not on same ciruit as new printer

Happens with all files

Thanks

Soundcard is Focusrite Scarlet 1820

Edited by Jmus

Checked soundcard for updates and installed latest. So far so good. I think there must have been a Windows 10 update that didn't play nicely with the Focusrite as latest Focusrite update was 23rd October. (Scarlet 3rd generation 18i20

This can happen and definitely seems to be a driver issue in my case. It’s one reason I just changed interfaces. I got fed up with my Motu M4 randomly crapping out like that. 
It normally would only go away with a complete restart of computer.  
I’ve been using a Zoom  L8 for 3 weeks now and the issue went away.
 But yesterday I switched back to the Motu because I was using the L8 elsewhere and sure enough after 2 hours it recorded totally distorted audio and waisted a perfect take.  
Today I’m looking for the box and post the Motu M4 for sale.  I still have 2 other interfaces that are more dependable.
And one is a 1st gen Focusrite 6i6. 
I always though Focusrite had good drivers. Mine was and still is rock solid. I don’t use it because it doesn’t have loopback.