Blue Cat Audio releases Destructor V2

satya

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/30-Distortion/11575-Blue-Cat-s-Destructor-2

Destructor V2 brings a host of exciting updates and enhancements, including a complete refresh of the user interface, with new 3D graphics and expanded customization features.

The core DSP engine has also undergone significant expansion, introducing new filters, a wealth of overhauled presets, and fresh parameters that provide fine-tuned control over the plugin’s dynamics response.

Blue Cat’s Destructor V2 is designed to serve as a precise tone-sculpting tool for sound designers, guitar and bass players, synthesizers enthusiasts, and sound engineers. It ships with an extensive library of presets and meticulously crafted models inspired by legendary gear, such as guitar and bass amps, cabinets, compressors, pedals, tape machines, and more, offering users a robust foundation for exploring a limitless universe of distortion simulations.

Destructor V2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available from Blue Cat Audio and Plugin Boutique at a 20% discount, priced 79 USD/EUR until December 7th, 2023.

The upgrade is free for customers who purchased Destructor V1 in 2023, while others can upgrade to V2 for a small fee.

Additionally Blue Cat’s Axiom, which harnesses Destructor as a modeler for its amps and distortion pedal simulations, has been upgraded to version 2.05. It brings a couple of enhancement and fixes to the recently released version 2 of the guitar and bass multi effects software. Axiom is also 20% off during the promotion.

Bought and downloaded, though I’ll wait a bit before installing on my DAW system.

I installed the recently released Axiom 2.0 as soon as it was available. It made CbB randomly “crashy” when freezing guitar tracks. They’ve fixed that in Axiom 2.05, and patched it pretty quickly, but lesson learned. I can wait a week or two to see if there’s a Destructor 2.01 or whatever!