Feature request: Please FIX the "Insert Send"-menu.

pulsewalk

So, the "Insert Send" menu which can be accessed by right clicking on the track pane, is one very long list if you have lots of tracks and lots of FX.

So every time you want to insert a send, you'll have to scroll through the entire list which is a slow and ineffective method, a pain really. Having to do this on a big project where you want to apply a lot of side chaining and you need to put sends on the tracks, is very time consuming in Cakewalk due to the described problem.

Please add the following in future versions:

1. Make the list several columns and/or put a slider on the side so one can just slide through the list quickly like a slider on a browser viewing a long webpage.
  2. A search field where you can quickly find the track/FX you want to assign the send to.
  3. EDIT: It would be cool if there would be a feature to be able to arm any FX or anything, to be able to assign a send to. So lets say you go to track 58, and arm FX number 4 in the list of FX. When armed, you just go to the track you want to make the send from, right click > Insert Send > Send to Armed and it would instantly find that armed FX. Then up pops the question "Do you want to make more sends to this armed FX?" If you click NO, then it is disarmed, if you click YES, then it stays armed so you can make more sends from other tracks as well.

This would indeed make the process of assigning sends very much faster and less time consuming.

Thank you!

Edited by pulsewalk

7 hours ago, jackson white said:

agreed, has been requested before. see the last page in this post.

Great, the more the better. I've written about this earlier too, and might have even requested it like a year ago but I'm not really sure, I might have planned to request it but didn't. None the less, the more requests the better.

I'll edit my initial post with another idea for this, to be able to "arm" an FX for sending.