Antares Black Friday Sale

cclarry

Does anyone know if Harmony engine on the antares website and harmony engine EVO (that shows on some third party resellers’ sites) are referring to the same thing? JRR says it requires ilok, but i just tried a demo from Antares and it looks to be authorized through Auto-tune central. Guess I’m making sure the EVO one isn’t some older unsupported product version they’re getting rid of serials for or something 

Edited by dumbquestions

1 minute ago, dumbquestions said:

Does anyone know if Harmony engine on the antares website and harmony engine EVO (that shows on some third party resellers’ sites) are referring to the same thing? JRR says it requires ilok, but i just tried a demo from Antares and it looks to be authorized through Auto-tune central. Guess I’m making sure the EVO one isn’t some older unsupported product version they’re getting rid of serials for or something 

Antares no longer uses iLok.  They use "Codemeter"

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

Antares no longer uses iLok.  They use "Codemeter"

What a pity! I tried Codemeter, it's a real hassle! Something additional running and using resources, only for one provider! So I stopped using Antares (except the 2 older plugins that still have iLok)!

But hey, it's great for my purse! 😄 And it is not the only developer that gets there (reasons: authorizations, prices, subscription). It seems that the plugin providers achieve what I never could do: Stop my plugin hording!!!😆

Codemeter is a piece of cat poop on a carpet, at least on PC.

Bought Virharmonic Orchestra's instrument earlier this year and unfortunately it too had that.  It insisted on running things 24/7, including a server of sorts which is kinda iffy and I wouldn't put rootkits past it either. Had to nuke so many services etc. related to that. Great instrument though but wish they would have stuck with iLok or some other more user friendly thing. But I'll surely be thinking twice before getting anything with that crap included (hence not buying Virharmonic's Viola...) 

• Like 1