Help - Strange Results When Dropping in a WAV file generated on a Mac

APAMusic

Question

This little annoyance has been bothering me for years and I would love a solution if one exists. Whenever I import or drag-drop a WAV file that originated on a Mac (a bounced WAV from Logic or Pro Tools) , it lands around the measure 1,600 of the project. This happens whether it's a new session or an existing one. The workaround is easy enough. I just cut the clip and paste it to the beginning of the session. This is a tedious hassle I can live without, especially as I am collaborating more and more with mac users. Any magic fixes out there? Or at least an explanation of why this happens?

Thanks

Cakewalk.jpg

2 answers to this question

... because the original wave file was timestamped in Mac - usually files coming from Pro Tools default to this setting: it provides a SMPTE code embedded in the audio file, for syncing purposes. 

If Cakewalk has activated the "Always Import Broadcast Waves at Their Timestamps", then the clip will land in the stamped SMPTE.

Deactivating it inseide Cakewalk is the easiest way to avoid your problem, as David pointed out.

Edited by Andres Medina