Cakewalk stop during launching with all projects including audio tracks

Philcho

Question

Hello everyone.

I’ve just bought a new PC W11 and when I launch a project in cakewalk (project built on my previous PC), Cakewalk stop during launching. This is the case for all my projects including audio tracks, even if they include only imported track and no recorded tracks with effects. It works fine when tracks are only Midi and it works also fine when I create a new project with audio tracks on my new PC. Only problems with previous audio projects …

Any idea?

Thanks!

Philippe

6 answers to this question

What have you tried so far? 

What driver mode, sample rate, bit depth and buffer size are you using.

Are you using a proper audio interface that comes with its own native ASIO drivers (not ones that are actually wrappers like ASIO4ALL).

If you have antivirus software, have you excluded all Cakewalk folders.

Have you decrapified your New PC - many new PCs have unnecessary software installed by the vendor that can (and should) be removed.

Can it be assumed that you have performed all Windows update and updated all of your hardware drivers? (Use manufacturer’s website for this - Don’t use Windows Update).

If relevent for your CPU, have you disabled Core Parking  - also set CPU min and max to 100% in power settings.  In fact, disable any power saving measure you can find.

Just because it’s a new PC, don’t assume this has been done.

Personally, I think it's either a driver issue or sample rate issue.

Others more experienced that I am will likely chime in with better suggestions.

Thank you Promidi for your response.

I can recheck but normally my new PC is well configurated with correct driver (I'm using Behringer UMC22 same as on previous PC).

As I said, I have no problem with Cakewalk on the new PC with midi projects or new projects with audio and midi (with imported or recorded tracks including FX and Virtual Instruments): All is working fine as on my two previous PCs 

The "only" problem is on projects previously created on my previous PCs. Even if the project contains only audio wav imported tracks with not FX and no track for recording, so something very basic, Cakewalk stop during launch of this project. If I create on my new PC a same new  project with the same wav, it works ...

I think the driver that comes with the Behringer UMC22 is actually a version of ASIO4ALL.  (Some please correct me if I am wrong on  this)

Personally, I would ditch the Behringer UMC22 and get an audio interface that comes with proper ASIO drivers (EG a Focusrite Scarlett series).

• Like 1

I think he nailed it. Cakewalk is very picky about audio. There are many people who had to purchase a different interface as that is one of the few that doesn't play well with Cakewalk. 

I would try this to verify.

Totally remove asio4all if that is present. Make sure to remove it in the REG EDIT app too.

Disconnect the UMC22 re boot the computer, make sure your computers audio is working as per in the video. 

Open Cakewalk and before you load a project set up your Audio in preferences in WASAPI shared mode. 

Now load a project. 

Usually your issue is caused by 3rd part plug ins and opening in safe mode can be used to fix that issue. 

You can also try running the interface with WASAPI mode but I have a feeling it doesn't support it. Behringer is a Mac focused company. 

Here's the audio trouble shooting video-     https://youtu.be/opDwsC4_llg 

Screenshot (614).png

Another possibility:

The Roland Duo-Capture on my laptop cannot dynamically change sample rates; it has a physical switch for 44.1kHz and 48kHz. Just yesterday I had a 44.1kHz project fail to launch with the switch set to 48.  The Start Screen went away, but the project never opened. In the past, I would have expected it to load and throw a warning that the audio was incompatible with the driver when I attempted to start playback. I don't know if this is expected behavior now or it was just a one-off failure. I'll retry it.

Thanks for all your messages

I've rechecked all and finally the plugin BREVERB2 Cakewalk was the problem -> On my old PC, I remove it from my Cakewalk projects -> Projects now open on my new PC ->  I add it again on my projects on my new PC and it works now

• Like 2