Plug-in Manager Scan Window Shrinks Midway

sjoens

While scanning plugins manually, the scan window shrinks about halfway thru the scan.  Happens with or without a 2nd monitor.  Any ideas why?

PIM2.gif.5e01c8a76e7520f2dfb3bc0648c2b1d1.gif

updated screenshots

Happens on Windows 10 & 11 laptops that use a 2nd video card for 2nd monitor.

Edited by sjoens

Is that Windows 11?  I tried scanning from the Plugin Manager and it looks very different.  I have rectangular frames with non-rounded corners. Also, when I started scanning the interior boxes (vst path/name frame and the Cancel button frame) were black / grey, but when I moved the dialog box, the interior frames became blue. Then when the scan was doing a WaveShell plugin, the Windows mouse pointer turned into the rotating yellow/brown Waves animated icon. 

I'm using Win 10 Pro.

Not sure this sheds any light on why you are getting the size changes, but maybe it helps point to something that might be going on.

1. path names are cut short on both
2, only the scan window is affected.  When it shrinks it's too small to read - posted screenshot is bigger than real life - reposted smaller one.
3. Windows 11 added round corners.  I moved the smaller window which turned it blue then made an animated gif.

This also happens on my Windows 10 laptop. Always thought it was because I use 2 monitors, but still happens with only one.  Both laptops have dual video cards which might be confusing it for some unknown reason.

Edited by sjoens