Looking for Disco dsp discovery pro deal

Zo

I think this kind of deal is going to be exceedingly rare. Usually DiscoDSP only does 30% off. I bought Discovery Pro for $74.35 from Everyplugin in April 2022

The other thing to be aware of, though, is that DiscoDSP charges for major version upgrades. Version 7.9 came out in September so if you buy it now you may be asked to pay a fee to upgrade to version 8 before long. I haven't had to upgrade major version yet so I don't know how much that will be. Version 6 came out in 2013. Version 7 came out in 2020, and it's gone from 7.4 to 7.9 since April 2022 so speedier major version changes might be a strategy to increase revenue (like Native Instruments & Izotope is using), or maybe it just reflects the reality of support costs to keep compatibility with ever moving operating system and software interoperability targets. All I know is I don't really want to be on a hamster wheel of upgrade fees for bug fixes. 

• Like 1

for this price is hard to find as they charge 20usd transfer

your best bet is second hand around half price if you need asap

have to agree with Craig N about those expensive bug upgrade fees from V6-V7-V8, yes be aware of that

Edited by Vst0nE

Thks guyz .... solid infos ...

seems pretty mature if ya ask me , i tried this in theast few times , and this version seems solid ...i had some random crashes but this might be oversampling and waves pad thingy , need to test further ..but so far its how a four part synth should be ( ya listeneing roland  , spectrasonics ect ...)

Did ya guyz experienced some crashes or somes with this version ?

Edited by Zo

On 10/15/2023 at 4:59 AM, Vst0nE said:

no major crashes on windows, it is very nice sounding vst if you do synthwave/electronic music however there is a lot of competition on the market now

for example OP-X PRO II, with extensive presets selection 3000+ on this one, not very known beast

https://www.sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/description.html

I have the opx pro witch is superb ..... what i love about the Disco is it's layers ability and how fast it is to get something smooth ....

Filter sounds superb and everything is exellent , the added Waves brings another dimension to the bad boy ....

Don't know why it's not mentionned more , maybe because of 2000 style presets ...