Can I insert a second track of TTS1 without opening a second instance of TTS1?

T Boog

Hi guys. I started my project with the TTS-1 routed to four separate tracks in case I wanted to fade piano parts in & out with each other. A couple weeks ago I deleted the other three tracks thinking I wouldn't need them. BUT OF COURSE, now I need a second track of the TTS1 piano. 

Can I insert a new track using the same instance of TTS1 that's already being used on track one? If so, please walk me thru it. Thanks!

You can insert a (multiple) MIDI track(s) and select the current TTS1 in the tracks properties (this is default if you don't have another VSTi in the project). But if you use the same instance of TTS1 you have also only one output (stereo)!

I use this very often, when I have several versions of MIDI input for the same part, so that I can solo or mute the alternatives!

1 hour ago, Sistine said:

But if you use the same instance of TTS1 you have also only one output (stereo)!

TTS-1 has 4 stereo ouputs (or 8 mono if you pan instruments hard left and right). OP just needs to add audio tracks and assign their Inputs to the other Outputs.

• Great Idea 2

29 minutes ago, David Baay said:

TTS-1 has 4 stereo ouputs (or 8 mono if you pan instruments hard left and right). OP just needs to add audio tracks and assign their Inputs to the other Outputs.

... don't forget to also assign the outputs in TTS-1 itself!

image.png.460e8edeaf2d9df77cb55af8379d68c2.png

• Great Idea 2