Humble Bundle Level Up Remix Bundle

cclarry

7 hours ago, jude77 said:

Don't think of it in terms of "need" think of it in terms of "But look how many plugins I have now!"   It's all a matter of perspective.

I am now officially an old man.  My kids are not interested in making music and I can't take them with me!   Yup--It IS all a matter of perspective.    😉 

I just hope I have enough time left to master all my Melda Plugins--including the reverb!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Go to KVR where the plugin brokers are.  You can always give a license away to friends, family, or whatever.      [emphasis added]

Are you sure about that last part? I was under the impression that the new NFR policy covered transfers of any kind--selling, giving away, leaving to heirs, etc.

Google Cherry Audio Goes NFR. It was even discussed here:

Edited by User 905133
added references for my comment

17 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Are you sure about that last part? I was under the impression that the new NFR policy covered transfers of any kind--selling, giving away, leaving to heirs, etc.

YUP: See this:

Can I transfer my Cherry Audio licenses to another user?

Effective May 1st, 2023,  Cherry Audio products purchased through the Cherry Audio store or authorized resellers will no longer be eligible for license transfers . . . .

We understand that this may be an inconvenience for some customers, but we believe that our generous trial period and accessible prices offer a low-risk purchase.

If you have any questions or concerns about this policy change, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team. 

7 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Yes, but you can sell a redemption code. That's not a license transfer because the software has never been registered with an account. When you buy the bundle you get a redemption code, go to your account, enter that code and voila, the software is yours. But if you don't redeem it and give that code to someone else, the other person can redeem it. Cherry Audio has no way of telling if the person who redeemed the code is also the person who bought it.

That's why you still find people sell Cherry Audio software on KVR and Knobcloud.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/13/2023 at 2:54 AM, audioschmaudio said:

Yes, but you . . . .

If you read between the lines of a previous post, you might have seen I carefully avoided saying this.  Why?  Because I don't want them to take that away, too.  

On 10/9/2023 at 4:56 PM, User 905133 said:

FYI, Just in terms of Cherry Audio Synths, this one has different CA stuff than the Level Up! Music Creators Power Pack Humble Bundle from April:

April's Bundle included: CA2600,**   Voltage Modular Ignite,**  Memorymode P-20, and Galactic Reverb**  .

This Bundle includes: Eight Voice, Mercury-4, DCO-106, and Polymode.

**I have13 days to decide to cash in those codes. The only one I don't have is the Galactic Reverb (not that I need another reverb.)

My fault: I thought about reposting that ^^^, but decided to edit it instead.  Oh, just to be clear it is safe to assume that  in saying "to cash in those codes" I know it refers to my using them for myself, giving them away, etc.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. 

See also this:  

On 10/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, User 905133 said:

Not sure about your question. I assume that since you are selling the keys which have not yet been registered, it probably doesn't run afoul of CA's NFR policy. From what I have read people are allowed to buy codes from 3rd party vendors to give as gifts to people since CA doesn't have any gifting mechanism with purchases from their store. 

I am curious if it doesn't run afoul of the forum rules. I might want to offer up my unused keys from my April bundle.

I think it was clear that I knew the difference between licenses and codes.  In fact, I think  it was clear to anyone who read the posts.

kitekrazy wrote:

You can always give a license away to friends, family, or whatever.  

which is not true.

Edited by User 905133