I can't seem to find my Multidock after minimizing

SloHand Solo

Question

I have the main app on one monitor, and the Multidock on another.  If I minimize the Multidock to get to the desktop or something, I can't find the minimized window to restore it.  This also happens if I have a vst opened on monitor B and I minimize it.  Right now I have to restore one of my workspaces to bring the windows back up.

I've looked in the "Windows" menu to see if they're listed, and tried tabbing to them, but they're not an external application.  Is there an easy way to find them?

6 answers to this question

This is a combined Windows 11/CbB issue and there's an earlier thread about it.

If you're using Windows 11 and you Minimize Cakewalk main or 2ndary window on the main screen, minimizing fails to provide the lower left Status bar to regain the view.  The main window can be restored by clicking on the Taskbar CbB icon.  2ndary windows can't be restored this way because CbB does not show them when hovering over the icon.  Only ways I know to restore them is to close and reopen the project or hit a screenset #.

Don't know why MS hasn't fixed this glaringly obvious bug yet as Windows 10 behaves properly.

Cakewalk may be able to help by making the floating windows appear next to the main window in the Taskbar flyout when you hover over the CbB icon.

Edited by sjoens

I need to switch to using one monitor for Cakewalk and second monitor for viewing other apps a lot. Solution is simple.
A workspace saved with one monitor set up multi dock at bottom and a workspace saved with multi dock on second monitor.

It’s actually the only 2 workspaces I have. 2 seconds to flip over. 

• Like 1

You don't have to restart CW to bring the window back up.  Make a workspace, then click the workspace to restore all the windows t9 their places.

I'm rocking four monitors.  I can never have enough space, LOL

20230909_123403.thumb.jpg.a55ff5a0766740092958c330773cfbba.jpg

Edited by SloHand Solo
  • Like 3