Preferences Keybindings Crash

Astraios

Question

Hi and Hello,

trying to open keybindings in preferences causes a crash immidiately, no  matter if I log in as admin or not. Also workspace is disabled. Deleted 'Bindings' in regedit and restart doesn't do any change. Any other items in preferences work fine. I'm updated to the last version. Any suggestions?   Nice regards

11 answers to this question

When you say “keybindings in preferences causes a crash immediately”, do you mean that a crash dialogue box appears, or do you mean that the preferences dialogue box disappears?

I ask this because for a while, sometimes on my system, opening Customisation - Keyboard Shortcuts (Advanced) causes the preferences dialogue box to disappear.

I have to do another left mouse click to bring up the keybinding screen.  Sometime I have to press the P key to bring up the keybinding screen.

However, I have never had an actual crash dialogue box from going into the Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue.

This is on Cakewalk by Bandlab 2023.09 Build 55.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Promidi said:

When you say “keybindings in preferences causes a crash immediately”, do you mean that a crash dialogue box appears, or do you mean that the preferences dialogue box disappears?

I ask this because for a while, sometimes on my system, opening Customisation - Keyboard Shortcuts (Advanced) causes the preferences dialogue box to disappear.

I have to do another left mouse click to bring up the keybinding screen.  Sometime I have to press the P key to bring up the keybinding screen.

However, I have never had an actual crash dialogue box from going into the Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue.

This is on Cakewalk by Bandlab 2023.09 Build 55.

Thx, as soon as I click 'Keybindings' it takes a few seconds for a totaly crash without any dialog... 

^^ Yeah, this is important. There's a preferences value you can set in recent versions of Cakewalk that will force crashes to be reported (in most cases anyway) so it'll generate a crash dump that you can get over to the Dev team to find out what's causing this.

Keybindings are often slow to open their settings but I don't think I've ever seen it crash at all, so this is interesting.

Finally I got the CBbL-crash repaired by myself, checking all the *.kbn files in "App Data --> Roaming" directory. Deleted a few  kbn and took all older /usless kbn to nirvana. Surprise, surprise - cakewalk liked this desicion a lot and gave me entrance to keybinding-editor again. Thx for concerning my question.

• Like 3