VST Multidock request

SloHand Solo

"VST instruments need a tabbed window." = ???????

VSTs can be placed inside the Multidock and we can switch between them by selecting the Multidock tabs.  It seems like you want something more/different than that.  So I am confused.

We can currently (for example) have one tab in the Multidock for the Synth Rack followed by several tabs each having one VST/Soft Synth. 

47 minutes ago, SloHand Solo said:

Switching between opened, closed, or hidden vst windows is really disorganized and hinders development. 

We can switch from one tab in the Multidock to another tab by selecting different tabs.  Unfortunately (at least the last time I looked) we cannot reorder the tabs.  That's probably been requested previously. 

Edited by User 905133
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

"VST instruments need a tabbed window." = ???????

VSTs can be placed inside the Multidock and we can switch between them by selecting the Multidock tabs.  It seems like you want something more/different than that.  So I am confused.

We can currently (for example) have one tab in the Multidock for the Synth Rack followed by several tabs each having one VST/Soft Synth. 

We can switch from one tab in the Multidock to another tab by selecting different tabs.  Unfortunately (at least the last time I looked) we cannot reorder the tabs.  That's probably been requested previously. 

I could've sworn I tried that.  No, if it works there then an additional window wouldn't be needed.  I'll try again

2 hours ago, SloHand Solo said:

So it seems you can't drag the vst window onto the multidock like you can the other common windows.  You select it from the widow's menu.  That's how I missed it.

Yeah--no drop and dragging floating VST windows onto the Multidock.   I usually click on the top bar of each VST window and choose Dock in Multidock.  If you want the Synth Rack first so you have access that way, you can do that and then dock the VST windows in order.  But, we can't move the tabs around.

CORRECTION:  See scook's post (immediately below)!!

Edited by User 905133
Corrections
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:
1 hour ago, SloHand Solo said:

So it seems you can't drag the vst window onto the multidock like you can the other common windows.  You select it from the widow's menu.  That's how I missed it.

Yeah--no drop and dragging floating VST windows onto the Multidock.   I click on the top bar of each VST window and choose Dock in Multidock.  If you want the Synth Rack first so you have access that way, you can do that and then dock the VST windows in order.  But, we can't move the tabs around.

Try holding down the CTRL key when dragging a plug-in UI to the multidock

From https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=WindowManagement.03.html

To dock a window

Do one of the following:

• Drag the window to the MultiDock. To dock a plug-in window, hold down the CTRL key and drag the window to the MultiDock.
  • Click the view’s Docking Options menu, and choose Dock in MultiDock.
  • Click the upper left corner of a window, and choose Dock in MultiDock from the pop-up menu.

For 32bit plug-ins running in BitBridge, the dockable portion is the plug-in header which is displayed in a second window. To open the plug-in header, hold down the ALT key when opening the plug-in UI. The header window usually opens behind the plug-in UI window.

• Thanks 2