Using Bluetooth Headphones / Earpods on Windows 10 PC & Laptops for Cakewalk audio.

Edward Allen

Question

Hi

So I can get audio out of Cakewalk from my PC or Laptop (using the WASAPI driver) just fine, and it plays:

• On the PC via a sound card to plug in speakers desktop speakers.
  • On the Laptop via the built in speakers.

However, I have tried a few times to listen to Cakewalk audio via Logitech Bluetooth earphones and generic bluetooth ear pods too. (both of which never give me problems getting audio  from the PC or Laptop) And I cannot get any audio through these Bluetooth devices even  though they are definitely configured for audio properly.

Does anyone have any experience of this type of issue? Perhaps Cakewalk can't "talk" to Bluetooth devices?!?

Many thanks in advance for you input.

Edward.

4 answers to this question

Exactly. It would sort of work if you don’t mind listening to everything late by 30 ms or more. It makes it impossible to properly edit midi and audio with any accuracy. Your better off with a set of normal headphones which is pretty important gear for music. I’ve even bought those $10 one from dollar store that are half way decent.  

I have had the same issue.

Mind that your BT headphones travels on a BT connection, that is carried from your Laptop tiny audio card. And CW is not at its best running in such configuration, as the above notes explain.

However, your main audio card should be a proper audio card with proper drivers in order to take full advantage of CW - But such audio card is not a bluetooth  device...!

Provided that you got a proper audio card, one solution is to buy a Analog to BT converter, which allows you to transmit your analog audio via BT to your BT headphones.

In this scenario, you can hear all the audio coming from the audio card, but as stated above, with a noticeable delay. In some stages of music production this is a major inconvenience, like when you are playing your keyboard or autidioting audio in real time. But for other stages I find it irrelevant: mixing i.e. , if you are not adjusting things in real time.

I already work this way, and enjoy a very good pair of Noise Cancelling BT headphones, which completely isolate me from the external noise - with the above limitations.

• Thanks 1