Advice on saving a template needed please, path seems wrong

Hi

I am struggling to understand templates, even though it should be easy. Basically when I set up a template, I save it as "template" in the drop down and then choose " template files" on the choose folder drop down. As per advice given by lots of people. But when I do this it goes wrong somehow,. All I want is for the template to appear in the " new  project" choices when CW first opens ( " lets get started") 

But when it opens it doesnt seem to have saved all my changes, its not the file I " designed" for my project. I think the path should be cakewalk content/core/track templates/ and this is where I navigate to using " save as"

But next time I open CW its not there.

I know I am missing something here, and its embarrasingly basic to ask but I just cant see what I'm doing wrong?

To save a project template, in the "Save"/"Save As"/"Save Copy As" dialog

1. supply a File Name (the template extension will be added by default)
  2. set Save as Type to Template
  3. set Go to Folder to Template Files (.CWT, .TPL)
  4. Click Save

Step 3 is tells the DAW to put the template with the rest of the project templates

For more info see https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Templates_KeyBindings.2.html

Thanks, I will look at this link in detail, meanwhile, so where exactly ( ie which path) does Cakewalk store the templates that open up when it first starts? For eg "basic" " empty project" vocals etc. It would help to see this so I can get it in my head! I think this is why I'm not getting it, despite its apparent simplicity.

2 hours ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Thanks, I will look at this link in detail, meanwhile, so where exactly ( ie which path) does Cakewalk store the templates that open up when it first starts? For eg "basic" " empty project" vocals etc. It would help to see this so I can get it in my head! I think this is why I'm not getting it, despite its apparent simplicity.

The project Template path is defined in Preferences > File > Folder Locations

• Like 1